Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Need help in choosing some new springs.

  1. #1
    Inactive Member AvanishV's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 16th, 1999
    Posts
    352
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Trying to decide between the H&R sports or the Eiback sportlines.

    I'm trying to find a good spring to couple with some KYB AGX's that I'm going to buy. I have ST 1.3" drop springs now but I'm going to need to go lower once my 205/50-15 RE730's get here.

    What are the differences between the two, etc..?



    ------------------
    1995 Integra GSR
    JR Supercharger (6 psi), HO fuel pump, RS*R Header, Thermal R&D Exhaust, Iceman Intake, Neuspeed Front Tower Bar, Type-R Rear Swaybar, Short Shifter, ST 1.3" drop springs

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Holden's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 1999
    Posts
    3,007
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    There is a killer suspension thread going on over at honda-tech.
    http://www.honda-tech.com/ubb/Forum34/HTML/000232.html

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Bigkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 25th, 1999
    Posts
    601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    AvanishV- Heah man, you can't drop too low with the AGX's. Too low won't allow the the shocks dampening attributes to work. I hada friend w/ CRX SI who's ride sucked ass with them on. He now runs Koni's w/ GC coilovers. The sportline will drop you around 1.8. I would advice you to get some Koni adjust. or go with GC coilovers. They can make a custom set for you for around $340-80. Give them a call man: (530) 677-8600


    ------------------
    '95 Civic EX w/ JRSC(6psi)& Nos 25 shot,JG TB, Stillen 4-1 header, HKS 2 1/4 exh., '93 Lude VTEC fuel pump,MSD 6 BTM w/ Blaster SS Coil,APEXi SAFC, Autometer Boost/ Air-Fuel gauges, Centerforce D/F clutch, Act lighten flywheel, Eibach Pro's,Tokico Illuminas,Tenzo Front/ Rear Strut tower braces Best et: 13.98@101mph w/NOS

    IN PROCESS:1992 5g VX Hatch w/ 93 Prelude 2.2L Vtec(donor)

  4. #4
    Inactive Member AvanishV's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 16th, 1999
    Posts
    352
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeah, the more I think about it, I think the GC's would be better to get. Do you guys think the KYB AGX/GC coilover is a good combo? I'm going to need to lower it close to 2" whether it be with the GC's or some other spring.

    What is all this about going too low on the KYB's? I haven't heard this before.

    ------------------
    1995 Integra GSR
    JR Supercharger (6 psi), HO fuel pump, RS*R Header, Thermal R&D Exhaust, Iceman Intake, Neuspeed Front Tower Bar, Type-R Rear Swaybar, Short Shifter, ST 1.3" drop springs

  5. #5
    Inactive Member SteveW's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 28th, 1999
    Posts
    300
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have the kyb's. i like them, but you cant go that low otherwise they bottom out all the time. I would advise GC. I have them and I can changeheights as oftne as i wish, unlike wiht non-threaded sleeves. Not to mention you can get any spring rate you want, and even progressive rate ones now.

    Steve

  6. #6
    Inactive Member lundgren's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 16th, 1999
    Posts
    1,436
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well anything over an inch is too low. Your tires will rub, and your car will too. I'd consider the H&R OE Sports, or spend a lot more, and get some stiffer coilovers, and drop 1 inch.

    The coilovers will require adjustable shocks. The OE Sports can go with a higher performing Bilstein.

    ------------------
    http://www.netbsi-kc.com/integra/
    http://www.netbsi-kc.com/aa/
    http://www.groupbuycenter.com/

  7. #7
    Inactive Member JRSCGSR's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 1999
    Posts
    246
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think that the GC/AGX combo would work really nice. Just as MR ROGERS, I believe that he has that setup. On the Sportlines though, I've had them on my car for almost 40000 miles, and they're not bad springs. They are a little low though, drops about 2". With 205s it should run fine with no rub because that's what i run on my 17's, but then again, the offset is different. Should be no problem though, my friend runs 205's on Sprint springs which dropped his car 2.25 at least, and he has no rub. Should be okay unless you start heading into the 215-225 range.

    Jon

    ------------------
    97 GSR, JRSC...of course, RSR Header, Tanabe G power Medallion, AEM Intake, 17" Advan RG's, MSD BTM, CRV Crank Pulleyy(Soon), J&S(soon)

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Mr Rogers's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 25th, 2002
    Posts
    1,097
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm def. with JRSCGSR in this one and Lund is wrong (in the absolute answer he gave) as I have about a 1.75 drop with my GC and AGX's and I NEVER EVER RUB (205's on 17's) weather it is turning lock to lock, or going over a "Whoopty doo" (for lack of better terms) on the interstate. I really like mine and the adjustability of the GC's are super easy and really nice to have as is the AGX's. I recommend the GC's (custom rates at the same price as "regular" Teg rates) and AGX's and then adjust to what ever hieght you want wink

    ------------------
    98 GS-scR w/ 8psi JRSC, Walbro HO fuel pump, AEM cai, Airmass header, Thermal Exhaust, Skunk Works cam gears, J&S safeguard, Ground Controls and KYB AGX's, and of course to slow down, KVR X-drill F&R rotors and Carbon Kevlar pads and V1 to signal the slowing down and soon to go on a Carbon Fiber diet,RC 310 steriods,and new sticky foot wear of the 555R type

  9. #9
    Inactive Member JRSCGSR's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 1999
    Posts
    246
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Heh MRROGERS, I was wondering how the ride is with the GC/AGX combo? What spring rates are you running on your GC's? Is the ride really firm? How about when you hit bumps at high speeds? How about on uneven pavement? I'm starting to get unhappy with my suspension setup which consists of only Sportline springs and stock shocks. The ride is pretty comfortable on smooth streets, but when I get to the bumpy uneven pavement, it gets really rough. I'm thinking of swapping out to a better suspension during summer but I want comfort along with performance. Any suggestions anyone?

    Jon

    ------------------
    97 GSR, JRSC...of course, Walbro fuel pump, RSR Header, Tanabe G power Medallion, AEM Intake, 17" Advan RG's w/P7000, MSD BTM, CRV Crank Pulleyy(Soon), J&S(sold)

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Holden's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 1999
    Posts
    3,007
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    JRSCGSR: For comfort, I could recommend the H&R OESport springs and KYB AGX adjustable shocks.

    I have this on my 96 GSR and with the shocks set at 1 and 1 (softest), the ride is close to stock comfort.

    I autox at 2 front and 3 rear (4 = stiffest) and it's pretty harsh on those settings.

    Greg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •